Crab Cake Delights
Delicious mini crab cakes - great for parties and picnics on a sunny day.
Crab Cake Sliders
- For the Crab Cakes:
- 250g brown crab meat
- 250g hand picked white crab meat
- 1 egg
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crushed cream crackers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- For Sliders (optional)
- 12 floured rolls (split)
- Green salad
- Sour Cream or Creme fraiche
- Mix all the ingredients for the crab cakes together. Choose the size of cake you prefer, either large or medium.
- Form into 12 patties for medium-sized cakes, or 6-8 for larger cakes; cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Gently pan-fry the patties with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil at medium heat until both sides are golden. Drain excess oil on absorbent paper.
- To serve the cakes, place some green salad on the bottom of each bun if using. Add a crab cake, some sour cream and top with the other half.