About The Cornish Fishmonger
The Cornish Fishmonger is a family run specialist fishmonger, involved in the fishing industry since its creation by Robert Clifford-Wing some thirty years ago. During this time the business has earned an enviable reputation throughout the country for supplying top quality fish and seafood to many of the nations top chefs. The same quality fish and seafood ordered by Michelin starred chefs can be yours.
What makes us different?
The Cornish Fishmonger is fully committed to supporting local fishermen and working together with them and other industry stakeholders to ensure a bright sustainable long term future for both fish and fishing. We are committed to offering sustainable fish and best business practices, as well as building long lasting relationships with our customers and fishermen. We buy daily from local fisherman and the four quayside fish markets of Cornwall and South Devon. Our aim is to provide you with today's fish delivered to you before midday the next day.
Just like your friendly local fishmonger, we aim to provide as much information as possible to help and support our customers needs when handling, buying online, and most importantly enjoying seafood!
“The Cornish Fishmonger will always source and provide the finest fish and freshest seafood, sourced from local inshore boats wherever possible.”
- When will my order arrive?
- Our courier operates overnight for your next day delivery. Fresh seafood ordered by 10:00am can be delivered to your door next day - home delivery within 24 hours across the UK.
Please note: For next day delivery, we must recieve your order by 10:00am. Some northern Scottish postcodes are subject to a two day delivery service.
- What happens if I'm not home?
- If you know you are going to to be unavailable to sign for your box, please leave special instructions for the driver by inputting your message to the 'delivery instruction' box during the checkout process. The courier company will leave your delivery wherever you specify, however as you were not available to sign for your fish order, we cannot accept liabilty if it is not there when you return.
- How is the seafood packaged for delivery?
- Your seafood is bagged and ready to cook or freeze on delivery. All your fish will be vacuum packed or sealed in trays, all labeled with use by dates (normally 4 days) and a suggested frozen shelf life (around 6 months). Once your fish has been packaged to keep it in prime condition we place it into a lined insulated polystyrene box. The fish is surrounded with chilled gel packs to keep it cool and in perfect condition.
Ordering fish online
- Provenance - how does this work for fish?
- We know the name of the fishing boat (in most cases we know the skippers name), where the vessel has been fishing, what he has caught and when the catch was landed. We can also tell you who filleted or prepared your fish - complete traceability!
- Is your fish sustainably sourced?
- We strive constantly to buy our seafood from sustainable sources, most of our seafood is purchased from within Cornwall. When you buy frozen seafood it has mostly likely come from the global markets, so your fish could be from anywhere in the world.
We care about our fish and fishermen and will do everything within our power to preserve and strengthen our fishing communities.
- What will I be charged for my fresh fish?
- You will only be charged for the exact START weight of your chosen fish, before any preparation (filleting/steaking etc).
- When you select a fish to purchase, you will see the number of people the fish will feed (number of portions), a price per kilo and an approximate weight. Our commitment to you is: your fish will vary in weight by no more than 20%. In practice we normally manage a variance of less than 10%; in many cases we can match the exact weight.