Roasted clams with garlic sauce
20 minutes 2
- Place the clams and star anise on to a large square of aluminium foil, season with salt and pepper and moisten with the white wine.
- Make a parcel with the aluminium foil, place on a baking tray and roast in a moderate oven for around 10 minutes.
- Mix the chopped garlic and half the parsley with the egg yolks, very gradually add the oil and keep mixing until you have a thick sauce similar to mayonnaise. Gradually add the juice of half a lemon and blend together - the sauce will be thinned by this addition. Next, add some breadcrumbs and stir until the crumbs are well combined.
- Remove the clams from the oven, and place in a warmed serving dish. Top with chopped parsley and serve with a large spoonful of the garlic sauce and the remaining parsley.
Author The Cornish Fishmonger
Author: The Cornish Fishmonger
- 1 kg Clams or other shellfish of your choice
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- Garlic finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Egg yolks
- Bread crumbs
- Star Anise