Garlic gratin Oysters
A simple cooked oyster recipe bursting with flavour.
Garlic Gratin Oysters
- 12 fresh oysters, shucked and rinsed well
3 tablespoons butter + 1 teaspoon for greasing dish
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
1-2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 190C.
- Butter a small casserole dish, or for individual servings use ramekin dishes. Set aside.
- Open the oysters, rinse and return to their shells.
- Learn how to shuck an oyster
- In a small skillet, melt the butter. Add garlic and breadcrumbs and sauté over medium heat until mixture is golden and slightly crumbly. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Spoon mixture over oysters and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake oysters in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly browned - about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.