Smokey Cornish Mussels
10 mins 4
Cornish Mussels with Smoked Sea Salt
Try this delicious recipe for Cornish mussels with leeks and parsley, beautifully finished with Smoked Sea Salt.
- 1kg fresh mussels, beards removed and thoroughly cleaned
- 2 small leeks, finely sliced
- Half a glass of white wine
- Half a glass of double cream
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Bunch of fresh parsley, stalks removed
- Smoked Sea Salt
- Gently sweat the leeks off in a heavy bottomed pan with a good knob of butter.
- When soft, stir in the mustard then turn up the heat and add the wine, bring to the boil then add the mussels and cover with a close fitting lid.
- Once the steam starts to billow out of the pan the mussels should be steamed open.
- Carefully open the lid and check that all the mussels are open.
- Add the cream and bring back to the boil finishing with the finely chopped parsley and big pinch of Smoked Sea Salt.