1 hour 3-4
Delicious lobster risotto cooked in a creamy white wine sauce.
- 1.5 kg of fresh lobster
- 1L fish stock
- 1/2 butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 4 shallots (chopped)
- 250g rice
- 100ml white wine
- 70ml double cream
- Olive oil
- Fresh chives
- Place the lobsters in boiling water. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Before removing meat from the lobsters, leave them in cold water. Remove the meat from the tail and claws and cut lobster meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Break and reserve the shell and heads of the lobsters. Bake them in the oven at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes before blending them with half of the fish stock.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve to retain the lobster stock.
- Bring the rest of the stock to simmer. Keep it on a hot stove.
- Pan fry the butternut squash and shallots in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the rice and a little wine to the pan and stir. Keep adding small amounts of wine gradually and stir often until the wine is absorbed.
- Gradually add the lobster stock and 3/4 of the fish stock and continue stirring. Simmer until the rice is just tender and the mixture becomes creamy. Add the remaining fish stock as needed.
- Next, stir in the lobster meat and cream to the risotto mixture. Remove from heat when it starts bubbling.
- Sprinkle over some chopped fresh chives and finish with a light seasoning of salt and black pepper.