Our fragrant poaching kit combines pimentón smoked paprika, thyme and fragrant saffron, with our lemon zest and chilli alioli sauce to create a dish made in heaven! Discovered travelling around the Balearic Islands you cannot beat the food cooked in the many little beach restaurants where you can see the fish being walked off the boat to the kitchen. Like all Spanish dishes it’s all about simple but great ingredients.
The Spanish Pimenton and Saffron Kit contains a pimenton and saffron spiced poaching baste, lemon and chilli aioli and a poaching bag.
- Health & Nutrition
Health & Nutrition
NUTRITION Typical values per 100g:
Energy 98kj, 23 Kcal
Fat 0.2g of which saturates 0.0g
Carbohydrate 5.0g of which sugars 1.6g
Energy 2319kj, 563Kcal
Fat 60g of which saturates 4.4g
Carbohydrate 3.2g of which sugars 1.7g
Baste: Water, Onion, Garlic, Cornflour, Salt, Pimenton Smoked Paprika (1%), Thyme (0.5%), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sugar, Black Pepper, Saffron (< 0.1%).
Alioli: Rapeseed Oil, Water, Garlic Puree, Egg Yolk (Egg), White Wine Vinegar (Sulphites), Lemon Zest (3%), Dijon Mustard (Water, Mustard Seed, Spirit Vinegar, Salt), Roasted Garlic Granules, Sugar, Salt, Crushed Red Chilli (0.9%), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Xanthan Gum.
LandedWe source this product from the Potts Partnershp who we have had a long relationship with, we love their sources and kits and we know you will as well.
- Storage & Preparation
Storage & Preparation
-Just store in the cupboard until ready to use
-Pre heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the fish (fillets ideally) in the poaching bag and pour in the poaching baste. Tie the bag with the blue tie.
- Thoroughly coat the fish in the baste then place the sealed bag on a baking tray in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, untie the bag carefully to avoid the escaping steam.
- The fish should flake easily, if not re-tie and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of the cooked juices and the alioli.