From Goa, our favourite spiced fish oven poaching kit which will make enough for 4 people, combines an array of spices to flavour your fish, which plated up on a bed of pilau rice and topped with the mango ketchup brings a little bit of Goa into your home! Being an old Portuguese colony there is quite a marked difference between Goa and the rest of india.
The Goan Xacuti Kit contains a xacuti spiced poaching baste, mango and roasted cumin ketchup and a poaching bag.
- Health & Nutrition
Health & Nutrition
Typical values per 100g:
Energy 119kj, 28 Kcal
Fat 0.5g of which saturates 0.1g
Carbohydrate 5.6g of which sugars 1.3g
Energy 548kj, 128 Kcal
Fat 0.2g of which saturates 0.1g
Carbohydrate 33g of which sugars 32g
Xacuti Baste: Water, Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Red Chilli, Cornflour, Salt, Goan Xacuti Masala (2%)(Garam Masala(Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Cassia,Black Pepper, Cloves), Turmeric, Fennel Seed, Cumin Seed, Cardomon Seed, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cloves), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Crushed Red Chilli.
Ketchup: Mango (48%), Sugar, Water, Spirit Vinegar, Cornflour, Salt, Roasted Cumin Seed (0.5%), Red Chilli.
LandedWe source this product from the Potts Partnershp who we have had a long relationship with, we love their sources and kits and we know you will as well.
- Storage & Preparation
Storage & Preparation
-Just store in the cupboard until ready to use
- Pre heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the fish (fillets ideally) in the poaching bag and pour in the poaching baste. Tie the bag with the blue tie.
- Thoroughly coat the fish in the baste then place the sealed bag on a baking tray in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, untie the bag carefully to avoid the escaping steam.
- The fish should flake easily, if not retie and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of the cooked juices and the mango ketchup.
Goes Well With
Check items to add to the cart or select all