CHRISTMAS DELIVERY 2017
We have a limited range of products available for delivery on the 21st and 22nd of December. Please call us if you can't find what you need online. Normal delivery resumes on Thursday 4th January 2018.
The Cornish Fishmonger delivers seafood to all UK postal codes with the following exceptions – Ireland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, all Scottish Islands, Highlands and North of Falkirk.
To have your seafood delivered to a different address from your billing address, please provide an alternative UK postal delivery address when checking out - the Cornish Fishmonger will do the rest.
Delivery charges are £7.95 for each order up to £100 with a maximum weight of 20kg. ALL Saturday deliveries will be charged at £15 per consignment. We offer FREE delivery service between Tuesday to Friday for orders over £100, so why not ask friends and family if they'd like to share a seafood order?
Scheduling your delivery
When using the check-out in our online fish shop, you are able to specify which delivery day you would prefer (Tuesday to Saturday). You can place an order and schedule its seafood delivery up to three weeks in advance.
We are partnered with a very reliable courier company, in most cases your seafood delivery will arrive before midday. On occasions, the delivery time might stretch to the afternoon but that is a rarity. Deliveries to most postal codes in Scotland will be made by 4pm; for the more remote postcodes please call for delivery options.
Usually a signature is required from the person who receives your seafood delivery. If you are not going to be at home to receive your delivery, please leave special delivery instructions for the delivery driver by inputting your requirements in the "Delivery Instruction" box during the check out process. Please be aware, if you are not available to take delivery or have not left suitable instructions for the delivery driver, your order may not be re-delivered until the following day. We cannot accept responsibility for deliveries that have not been signed for, or for orders that have to be re-delivered.
Amending or canceling your delivery
We do not take payment from your credit or debit card until the day of dispatch. To amend the date of an existing delivery or, to make a cancellation, please contact us via phone, email or leave a message on our answer phone (01726 862 489). We will not be able to amend or cancel a delivery after 9.30am on the day of dispatch (e.g. contact us before 9.30am on Wednesday to cancel a delivery scheduled to be with you on Thursday).
FREE Salt & Pepper Squid Offer
This Christmas we're giving away a bag of Salt & Pepper Squid (normally £9.99) with all orders over £140. No need for codes; this product will automatically appear in your basket at the checkout.
- When will my order arrive?
- Our courier operates overnight for your next day delivery. Fresh seafood ordered by 10:00am can be delivered to your door next day by 1pm - home delivery within 24 hours across the UK. Deliveries to most postal codes in Scotland will be made by 4pm.
Please note: For next day delivery, we must receive your order by 10:00am. Some northern Scottish postcodes are subject to a two day delivery service.
- What happens if I'm not home?
- Delivery instructions must be left incase you are unable to sign for the delivery. Please leave special instructions for the driver by inputting your message to the 'delivery instruction' box during the checkout process. The courier company will leave your delivery wherever you specify, however as you were not available to sign for your fish order, we cannot accept liability if it is not there when you return.
- How is the seafood packaged for delivery?
- Your seafood is bagged and ready to cook or freeze on delivery. All your fish will be vacuum packed or sealed in trays, all labeled with use by dates and a suggested frozen shelf life (around 6 months), packaging or labeling may change depending on preparation or delivery limitations. Once your fish has been packaged to keep it in prime-condition we place it into a lined insulated polystyrene box. The fish is surrounded by chilled gel packs to keep it cool and in perfect condition.
- Who is the delivery courier?
- We have used the same overnight courier company, "APC" to deliver our seafood to all major cities and locations across England, Scotland and Wales for over four years and have always found them to be efficient, polite and deliver on time!
- A cool tip: reuse and recycle!
- You can always reuse the polystyrene that we send your fish in as packaging. Alternatively, some customers have told us that they make great stands for Cake Pops and we'd love to hear about your creative ideas.