CHRISTMAS DELIVERY 2020
Normal delivery resumes in January 2021
The Cornish Fishmonger delivers seafood to all UK postal codes with the following exceptions – Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, all Scottish Islands, Highlands and North of Falkirk.
We are also unable to deliver to the Republic of Ireland or mainland Europe.
To have your seafood delivered to a different address from your billing address, please provide an alternative UK postal delivery address when checking out - the Cornish Fishmonger will do the rest.
Minimum order value is £40.00
We offer a FREE delivery service from Tuesday to Friday for all orders. If you would like a Saturday delivery this will be charged at £7.95 per consignment and may be subject to limited availability.
Scheduling your delivery
During the COVID19 outbreak, we are unable to change delivery dates once your order has been processed through our checkout. During this time next day delivery may not be available.
When using the check-out in our online fish shop, you are able to specify which delivery day you would prefer (Tuesday to Saturday). You can place an order and schedule its seafood delivery up to three weeks in advance. During these difficult times, we are advising people to book ahead as we are very busy with orders,
We are partnered with a very reliable courier company, on occasions the delivery time might stretch to the afternoon up to 6pm but that is a rarity. For the more remote postcodes please call for delivery options.
Usually, a signature is required from the person who receives your seafood delivery. If you are not going to be at home to receive your delivery, please leave special delivery instructions for the delivery driver by inputting your requirements in the "Delivery Instruction" box during the check out process. If there is no answer at the address the courier will try and deliver to a neighbouring address (unless stated not to do so in the delivery instructions on your order). Please be aware, if you are not available to take delivery or have not left suitable instructions for the delivery driver, or contact with a neighbouring address to take the delivery cannot be made, or the driver feels it would not be suitable to leave the delivery it will become your responsibility to collect the delivery from the local depot or your order may be re-delivered the following day if the courier can find time in their delivery route. We cannot accept responsibility for deliveries that have not been signed for, or for orders that have to be re-delivered.
- When will my order arrive?
- Our courier operates overnight for your next day delivery. Fresh seafood ordered by 10:00am can be delivered to your door next day by 1pm - home delivery within 24 hours across the UK. Deliveries to most postal codes in Scotland will be made by 4pm.
Please note: For next day delivery, we must receive your order by 10:00am. Some northern Scottish postcodes are subject to a two day delivery service.
- What happens if I'm not home?
- Delivery instructions must be left incase you are unable to sign for the delivery. Please leave special instructions for the driver by inputting your message to the 'delivery instruction' box during the checkout process. The courier company will leave your delivery wherever you specify, however as you were not available to sign for your fish order, we cannot accept liability if it is not there when you return.
- How is the seafood packaged for delivery?
- Your seafood is bagged and ready to cook or freeze on delivery. All your fish will be vacuum packed or sealed in trays, all labeled with use by dates and a suggested frozen shelf life (around 6 months), packaging or labeling may change depending on preparation or delivery limitations. Once your fish has been packaged to keep it in prime-condition we place it into a lined insulated polystyrene box. The fish is surrounded by chilled gel packs to keep it cool and in perfect condition.
- Who is the delivery courier?
- We have used the same overnight courier company, "APC" to deliver our seafood to all major cities and locations across England, Scotland and Wales for over four years and have always found them to be efficient, polite and deliver on time!
- A cool tip: reuse and recycle!
- You can always reuse the polystyrene that we send your fish in as packaging. Alternatively, some customers have told us that they make great stands for Cake Pops and we'd love to hear about your creative ideas.