Thai Red Fish Curry
This vibrant and spicy curry by The Petite Cook is a fantastic light option for a quick balanced meal.
1. Finely slice the onion and carrot. Remove seeds and white filaments from the bell pepper and finely slice.
2. Remove skin from both the hake and trout, cut into chunks and set aside. Also remove the coral from the scallops and set them aside.
3. Heat a large wok or cast iron skillet with the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic, ginger, whole chilli pepper, onion, bell pepper, carrot, pak choi and snow peas, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add in the Thai red curry paste and sugar and cook for another minute.
5. Move the vegetables over the sides of the wok, and add into the center the hake and trout fillets, followed by the scallops and mussels, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce, and add in the lemongrass. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove the lemongrass and whole chilli pepper. If it's too thick, add a splash of water, and adjust seasoning to taste.
7. Remove from the heat, squeeze half lime over the curry, and sprinkle with fresh coriander on top.
8. Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice on the side.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 small chilli pepper sliced
- ½ white onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small pak choi halved
- 60 gr fresh snow peas
- 2-½ tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 200 gr fresh hake fillet
- 1 medium trout fillet
- 5 fresh scallops
- 100 gr fresh mussels cleaned
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ lemongrass
- ½ lime
- A handful of fresh coriander chopped
- Jasmine rice steamed, to serve