King prawns with garlic butter
A tried and tested prawn family favourite. Quick and simple to prepare!
King Prawns with Garlic Butter
1kg King Prawns
3 cloves Garlic
- Skin and chop the garlic cloves, mix with chopped parsley and the juice of half a lemon and blend with the softened butter.
- Place the butter mixture in cling film in the shape of a sausage; roll up gently, twisting the ends to tightly compress the mixture. Chill in the fridge.
- Defrost the king prawns; they can be left in the fridge overnight or hurried along in a sink of cold water.
- Split the prawns along the back, leaving the shell intact on the underside.
- Pat dry with paper towel and place on a baking tray.
- Spread the chilled garlic butter over the prawn flesh, leaving some to use as a garnish when they are cooked.
- Roast in a hot oven for 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the size of the prawns.
Serve with lemon wedges and slices of the garlic butter.