15 mins 4
Chinese-style crab soup is a tasty seafood starter.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Serves: 4
- 250g crab meat, (cooked and picked) or King prawns (cooked, peeled and diced)
- 150g sweet corn (drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1Ltr water
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sprig of parlsey
- If you are using live crabs, cook and pick the meat in advance. You can order ready-to-eat seafood for this recipe.
- Bring the water to the boil.
- Stir in the sweet corn and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock. When the mixture starts boiling again, add the white wine and sesame oil.
- Crack and beat the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually add it to the soup while stirring continuously. Cook for 1 minute.
- If you wish to have a thicker soup, simply mix some corn flour with water and add to the crab soup.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the crab meat or prawns.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh parsley then serve.