- By Fish
- By category
- By Season
Cornish Mussels with Smoked Sea Salt
Gently sweat the leeks off in a heavy bottomed pan with a good knob of butter.
When soft, stir in the mustard then turn up the heat and add the wine, bring to the boil then add the mussels and cover with a close fitting lid.
Once the steam starts to billow out of the pan the mussels should be steamed open.
Carefully open the lid and check that all the mussels are open.
Add the cream and bring back to the boil finishing with the finely chopped parsley and big pinch of Smoked Sea Salt.
- 1kg fresh mussels, beards removed and thoroughly cleaned
- 2 small leeks, finely sliced
- Half a glass of white wine
- Half a glass of double cream
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Bunch of fresh parsley, stalks removed
- Smoked Sea Salt
Publication Date: May 31, 2019.