- By Fish
- By category
- By Season
Chilli Crab Linguine
For the pasta, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the sea salt and cook the linguine for 7-8 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until al dente.
Meanwhile, for the sauce, heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan and add the garlic, spring onions and chilli. Gently fry for about 1-2 minutes, or until softened but not coloured. Stir in the crabmeat and cook for another minute, or until heated through.
Add the wine to the pan and cook until most of the alcohol has evaporated.
Drain the linguine, reserving a few tablespoons of the pasta water. Add to the pan with the crabmeat and stir in the parsley and basil. Mix together to coat evenly, adding a splash of reserved pasta water if the mixture is too dry. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- 1 whole cooked crab, picked, or about 100g/4oz brown crab meat and 200g/7oz fresh white crab meat
- 55ml/2fl oz olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- 275g/10oz picked fresh white crabmeat
- 25ml/1fl oz dry white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 315g/11oz linguine
- 25g/1oz sea salt
Publication Date: January 28, 2015.
£7.50 TEXTURE: Fine flakes
From £12.94 per portionPER crab: £12.94 TEXTURE: Fine flakes
£18.95 TEXTURE: Fine flakes
£19.95 TEXTURE: Firm
£6.50 TEXTURE: Soft
£29.95 TEXTURE: Fine flakes
£15.50 TEXTURE: Fine flakes
From £7.46 per portionPER crab: £7.46 TEXTURE: Fine flakes
From £4.98 per portionPER crab: £4.98 TEXTURE: Fine flakes