Baked Mussel Crunch
A cosy, crunchy autumn warmer
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Feeds: 3-4
- 1kg mussel in their shells
- 50g toasted breadcrumb
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 100g garlic and parsley butter
- A sprinkle of your fave cheese
- Give your mussels a good rinse in cold water.
- Squeeze each mussel closed and leave on the side for 2 minutes whilst you fill up your wine glass and set the grill to high.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and zest and grate a little cheese into a separate dish.
- Now back to your mussels...
Discard any mussels that have not slightly reopened after 2 mins and those with broken shells and don't worry, these packs are overstocked to allow for the odd discards.
- Add your mussels to a large pan with a splash of water and bring to the boil, then cover the pan.
- Shake you pan occasionally and within 2-3 minutes your mussels should be open.
- Drain the water and discard any that remain closed.
- Remove the empty half of the mussel shell and spread a little butter onto each mussel.
- Set your mussels on a baking tray and sprinkle with a little cheese and then the breadcrumbs.
- Grill for 3-4 mins until crunchy, enjoy!